Did you know that there is a cute little barbershop tucked away on a corner of Main Street USA?
It’s on the left hand side as you are walking into Magic Kingdom down from the Emporium store. Just look for the classic striped barber pole!
Harmony Barbershop specializes in Baby’s First Haircut! You get a lock of their hair, a certificate, and a Mickey ears hat that says “My 1st hair cut.” Anyone of any age can get a hair cut too!
I knew whenever I had a baby he or she would be getting their first haircut inside the Magic Kingdom no matter how little hair they may have. This was was the case with my daughter. I literally had them barely trim her ends because I didn’t know when our next trip at the time would be.
The baby haircut package is only $25! I didn’t think that was bad at all especially since Mickey ears alone can cost that!
I had made reservations about 3 months in advance for my little one. You don’t have to make them 6 months in advance like you would for Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique but if it is something you know you want to do then definitely make reservations.
On the day of Cam’s appointment she was sleeping, which immediately put me in panic mode that this was going to be a disaster. Everyone knows not to wake a sleeping baby! Wake a sleeping baby to have them sit still in a chair while a stranger is coming at them with scissors, that’s just asking for a tantrum!!
But… things couldn’t have gone better!! The stylists at Harmony Barbershop were amazing! I should’ve known better. It is Disney after all!
They were so good with Cam. She had toys and stickers to play with. She wasn’t even phased by my waking her. She did so great with her first haircut. She even got some pixie dust and pigtails at the end.
If you’re on the fence about doing a baby’s first haircut I say do it! You won’t be disappointed! It’s such a memorable experience. How many people can say they’ve had their haircut in the Magic Kingdom!?
Here’s what you need to know:
- Baby’s first haircut package $25
- Child’s haircut (9 and under) $18
- Adult haircut $19
- All stylists are licensed cosmologists
- Water may be sprayed on hair if needed during styling, but no shampooing will be provided. With that in mind, please arrive with clean, dry hair.
- Guests under 17 years of age must be accompanied by an adult (18 years of age or older).
- A $10 charge will apply for no-shows or cancellations within one day of your reservation.
- Advanced reservations are recommended and can be made by calling (407) WDW-PLAY or (407) 939-7529. A limited number of walk-in appointments are available on a first-come, first-serve basis each day. Harmony Barbershop hours do not vary in accordance with Extra Magic Hours.